Frequently Asked Questions
What is Salpingectomy?
Salpingectomy is surgical removal of either one or both fallopian tubes. This surgery can be done along with other procedure like Oophorectomy, hysterectomy, and C-section. This surgery can also be done as a part of contraception. There are different types of Salpingectomy surgeries and they are:
- Unilateral Salpingectomy
- Bilateral Salpingectomy
- Total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy
What are the advantages of Salpingectomy?
The following are the advantages of Salpingectomy:
- Prevents fallopian tube
- Treats fallopian tube cancer
- Prevents pregnancy
- Treats fallopian tube infections [syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea]
What are the indications of Salpingectomy?
Salpingectomy is indicated in the following conditions:
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Accumulation of fluid in the fallopian tubes
- Fallopian tube infection
- Blocked fallopian tube
- Rupture in the fallopian tube
- Fallopian tube cancer
Who can perform Salpingectomy [Right specialist type for Salpingectomy]?
Salpingectomy can be performed by:
- Any MD [Doctor of medicine] with several years of experience in Salpingectomy.
What is the cost of Salpingectomy?
Cost of Salpingectomy depends on factors such as:
- Admission fee
- Surgeon fee
- Age of the patient
- Type of surgery planned to be performed
- The medical condition of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Type of Hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
Minimum cost for Salpingectomy in Delhi starts from Rs. 15,750
Average expenses for Salpingectomy in Delhi is approximately Rs. 42,000
Maximum amount to be paid for Salpingectomy in Delhi rises to Rs. 5,77,500
Is Salpingectomy a major surgery or minor surgery?
Salpingectomy is major surgery as it permanently removes either one or both fallopian tubes.
What are the risks and complications associated with Salpingectomy?
Risks and Complications associated with Salpingectomy are:
1. Damage to the bowel
2. Internal bleeding
3. Damage to the blood vessels
4. Bladder damage
6. Severe pain
7. Tear in the uterine wall
How long does it take to complete Salpingectomy?
Salpingectomy may take almost 30-60 minutes to complete and sometimes it may take more than the usual time depending on the condition of the patient and type of surgery performed.
What is the recovery time?
Individuals who undergo Salpingectomy may take 1-3 weeks to recover completely.
What is the success rate of Salpingectomy?
The success rate of Salpingectomy depends on the following factors:
1. Type of surgery performed
2. Age of the patient
3. The health condition of the patient
However, the success rate of Salpingectomy maybe around 70% - 80%
Is Salpingectomy Permanent?
Salpingectomy is a permanent surgery as it permanently removes either one or both fallopian tubes.
What are the long-term results of Salpingectomy?
Some long-term results of Salpingectomy are:
- Prevention of fallopian tube cancer
- Prevention of getting pregnancy
- Decreases the chance for fallopian tube infection