Wounded.area

7 day ago i was hitten by a motercycle...after 2 day i consult my orthopedic docter...he prescribed me some medice and yesterday he prescriped me CLAVIDUR 625 and INSTAPLUS CREAM 20mg... Now my wounded area is like this... What is this... Is there is a pus... What to do now... Plz plz plz answer fast

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...wounds usually take 2 to 6 weeks to heal completely. The doctor has rightly prescribed you oral and topical antibiotics creams, as the wound is infected. Complete your course of oral antibiotics. For topical application you can change over to mupirocin cream, twice daily, after cleaning the wound with lukewarm water. If even after 1 week, the wound doesn't not start healing or there is still pus discharge, then consult a general surgeon. Pus culture and sensitivity might have to be done then.