Wound caused by a rusty

Hi doctor, my head came in contact with one metal plate while waking up. No major wound was not there and i felt some scratch happended. After sometime i saw a small wound in my head (little scratch wound). I found that the metal plate is some what rusty. Do i need to take a tetanus injection for this?(wound is very small)

Hello there. I can understand your concern. You should have attached the picture of the wound so that we could have got a better idea. You should actually take tetanus toxoid but it's not required if your last shot was within 5 years from now. Apply metrogyl-p on the wound for now. Always remember, tetanus toxoid is best taken within 6 hours of getting injured. Tetanus toxoid immunity lasts for 5-6 years after every booster. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Phanindra V V

As per the the modern medicine.... Yes, you should. Have an Ayurveda medicine jatyadi gruta handy. Use it in such cases. We personally use only that.