Working too hard

My father has to work for 16 hours a day, 6 days a week due to some reasons (this includes 4 hours of commuting). What lifestyle changes should he make so that he is able to continue this routine. I am a medical student and am really worried about him. He is not on any medications. Please help...

Doctor Answers (1) on Working too hard

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.......i understand your concern ,since you are medical student you are very much corcerned about his health. If he is not having old age problems like hypertension and diabetes its good. Even he shouldn't do such a heavy duty at this at this age, if it's a financial problem, it's inevitable to work.... Since he is chattered accountant and sits a for long time simple healthy food it good for him, his diet should contain lot of vegetables, avoiding out door foods, oily foods it good. Routine check up, and exercise at least walking is required to burn calories.