Wisdom tooth ache

I have severe wisdom tooth ache, and I am having trouble chewing my food. I have swelling in that region and I am not able to open my mouth. What should I do please suggest.

Dr. Vinod Kumar K R
Dentist 17 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello, It's a comman problem don't get panic, First go vist near by dentist lay him examine, 2 causes will be der, 1. Beacause of wisdom tooth coming out 2. The gums which has covered would hv got infected. 3. The wisdom tooth might be not coming in right dposition which might affecting the front tooth. If swelling Is der, definate infection will be der, at earliest u approach dentist Don take any self medication and delay n showing it vl complicate the treatment and worsens the situation. Good luck and tc get a speedy recovery
Dr. Girish PV
Orthodontist 13 yrs exp Bangalore
First pls get a consultation with a dentist and preferably an oral surgeon,  who can identify whether or not the wisdom tooth has to be removed or sometimes the gum tissue covering the tooth will be cut out to relieve the symptoms. In most situations permanent remedy will involve extraction of the associated tooth.