Whiteheads and dull skin

Wt to do abt whiteheads i have oily skin . I use saslic face wash and sebamed gel . Bt i still see a lot of whiteheads and acne which leaves marks. My skin looks dull. Pls suggest a face wash and anti aging serum.

Doctor Answers (1) on Whiteheads and dull skin

Hi. Greetings. White heads are a type of acne. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots. 2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream 3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any specific procedures you need 5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for a glowing skin. 6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat. Hope this helps. Warm regards