Weight problem

U I iam 31yra old Iam hypothyroid and taking 100mg thyronorm So metabolism is less for me I want some tips to boost my metabolism I do lot of workouts and diet Due to less metabolism my weight reduction is little slow Can you pls help me in this

Doctor Answers (2) on Weight problem

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet with green tea,green leafy vegetables, fruits...do regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...along with above take medications as prescribed and be in a regular fallow up with your physician they will guide you further..... Regards.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,yes you can reduce your weight. There are few things you should do at your home. Exercise - daily 30min of brisk walking or jogging or dance or aerobics along morning and evening will help you to reduce your weight along with diet control. Good night sleep will also help to reduce stress and decrease weight. Diet: Certain guidelines that need to be considered for weight loss are: 1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively. 2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods. 3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight. 4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet. 5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets. 6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables. Please continue Thyroid medication in proper dosage.