Weight pproblem

Well I am 24 year old and I am facing weight issue for the past few years . I hardly see any change even though I eat alot.I thing there is some issue in my body, if this could be then please suggest me tests which I shoul take so that I could get a clear picture.

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight pproblem

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. It is important to gain muscle weight and not fat. Ideal weight for your height is about 67kgs. As you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming or gyming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. You can also visit a dietician and endocrinologist for further queries.