Weight loss and palpitate

I was hypothyroid for almost 30 years and the recent report showed me lower on TSH. I am experiencing severe weight loss and rapid heart beat in first half of day. I was taking 50 mg from mon to sat and 100 mg on Sunday. My doctor reduced the dose of my thyroid medication "Eltroxin". Now I take 50 mg on all days. It is now one month but my problems continue. I would like to know if my doctor could have further reduced the dose ? She reduced the dose very little because she said that the dose has to be reduced only little by little. My TSH as on May 2016 was 0.12 mcIU/mL. I feel my doctor is being too cautious. Please let me know if she is giving me right treatment or I should consult another doctor?

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight loss and palpitate

Dr. Rakesh Arora Amritsar | General Endocrinologist
Patients with hypothyroidism may sometimes go on to develop hyperthyroidism later in the course of the disease. Since you were apparently well controlled with a particular dose of eltroxin all these years, it is a possibility in your case. You can see an Endocrinologist who can see all your reports and guide you properly.