Weight gain issues .

I know may not be eating healthy lately. Have gained 7 kilos in past 3 years. Right now my weight is 57 kg on 5 feet frame. I do take walks and am active during the day. My staple diet is rice every day in lunch and dinner with vegetables and chicken or fish. I am not fond of outside food. May be twice a month i eat outside food. I am having back and knee pains lately due to which its unbearable to exercise and walk. Please suggest some diet change as i did try to eat soups and salads in dinner but ended up eating more the next day.

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight gain issues .

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. First thing is you need to have less of carbs and more of best thing is have less qt of rice or reduce the no of chapathis you have and have more of dal or need to replace your rice or chapathis with oats,ragi balls or Suji preparations... You can tk any one fruit like banana, orange or Apple or mausambi in your fruits list... Now can add water melon need to have fresh carrots, cucumber or channa dal when ever hungry... Have loads of water too...You also need to engage yourself in outdoor activity like walking,running, jogging, cycling,k swimming for a minimum if 30 to 45 min ..or chose to gym or aerobics as per your can also include green will increase metabolism...consult a dietician for a specific diet chart as per your bmi and your food preferences... All the very best....