Weaning immediately

I am a mother of one year old and am pregnant 3 months now. Doctor advised me to stop feeding my first kid immediately. It's too hard as my kid feels really bad and not able to sleep. Should I really do that or stop gradually.

Dr. Hithysh BM
Hello the doctor has advised to stop feeding coz lactation requires more amount of calories which in turn hampers the growth and development of second baby that is the reason at least 2 years of gap or spacing should be der for second pregnancy so that energy stores would have replinished... It's okay if you stop it gradually have more intake of food and after first 6 months of life a baby role of breast milk in providing nutrition will be less hence supplementary diet can be given like smashed fruits and vegetables consult obg specialist for further evaluation and treatment .