Watery molasscum on face

I have a molasscum since march 2015 during pregnancy.  Soon After delivery in  may 2015 these molasscum started increasing I  thought this was due harmonal changes thus consulted gynaecologist she advised me to see a dermatologist since these molasscum are not due to harmonal changes. Kindly suggest what should I do.
views-icons 458 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Hithysh BM
General Physician 3 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello Molluscum contagiosum usually gets better without treatment in six to 12 months. However, it's possible to continue developing bumps for up to five years. Once all of your bumps are gone, you're no longer contagious. Doctors may recommend that the lesions be removed before they disappear on their own, particularly in adults, because they are so contagious. Treatments for molluscum contagiosum can be painful, so an anesthetic might be administered beforehand to lessen discomfort. Sometimes a combination of treatments may be used. Medications In some cases, prescription or over-the-counter medications applied directly to the lesions may be helpful. Examples include: Irritating products. These preparations often contain ingredients such as salicylic acid or potassium hydroxide that help dissolve the lesion over time. Others may cause a blister to form under the bump, lifting it off your skin. Topical creams. Prescription creams and gels containing retinoids — such as tretinoin (Atralin, Retin-A, others), adapalene (Differin) and tazarotene (Avage, Tazorac) — have been used to treat molluscum contagiosum. These medications cannot be used during pregnancy. Surgical and other procedures The methods doctors use to remove molluscum contagiosum bumps include: Scraping Freezing (cryotherapy) Laser therapy Molluscum contagiosun doesn't stay in the body once the infection has cleared up, but you can be reinfected with this virus if you come in contact with someone who has an active infection. Consult dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?