cardiologist-icon

Want to take advice

I have undergone Bypass surgery in 2010. I have diabetes for about 12 years. I am regularly consulting a cardiologist. I am now taking 1 tablet of Zoryl M 1 forte in the morning & 1 capsule of Ecosprin AV 75 in the evening. Can i do alternate fasting for 1 year? According to Jain religion in fasting one can only consume boiled water for 36 hours continuous. Please guide me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Want to take advice

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Sir ppl who have diabetes are primarily advised to avoid fasting and even your personal physician would hav advised you to take small meals with regular intervals in a day to avoid hypoglycemia. With your history it will lead to serious complications might lead to ketoacidosis, which will endager you and all the diet u hav been following for all this years to control your diabetes will go in vain, so I strongly recommend you to avoid doing fasting. And doing fasting with previous history of cardiac surgery will do more harm.