Vitreous hemorrhage
My father has been diagnosed with vitreous hemorrhage in the left eye. There was a breakage of the blood vessel which is leading to internal bleeding. Is it possible that the clot gets cleared away with time or surgery is mandatory? Wat are the precautions to be taken? Can he drive two wheeler ? He also takes inslun as he have diabetes and is also a bp patient.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello Vitreous hemorrhage in diabetes suggests PDR. Wait for 4 weeks for spontaneous resolution of hemorrhage If it persists you may require intravitreal injection also. It would be better if you can send his medical records so that I may guide you better
Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern...Medical therapy depends on the suspected underlying causes...surgery is preferred in fallowing cases.... (1). Vitreous hemorrhage associated with detached retina (2).Long-standing vitreous hemorrhage with duration greater than 2-3 months (3).Vitreous hemorrhage associated with rubeosis...Consult your specialist and discuss about the issues they will do the needful.