Very small lump
When I touch this area I feel very small movable lump.. Last 6-7 months I'm suffering right side submandibular region recurrent and sometimes constant pain.. and my doctor diagnosed eagle's syndrome and my USG report shows many enlarged lymph nodes in submandibular region and bilateral cervical region. . .now I feel discomfort in submandibular region. Should I worry about it?

Hi. Enlarged lymph nodes in the submandibular area and cervical region should not be ignored. Depending on the characteristics like size, shape, number of the lymphnodes, a provisional diagnosis can be given. However it needs to be confirmed with a FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) where in a small amount of fluid is withdrawn from the node using a thin needle and is examined under the microscope. If the nodes are less than one centimeter with no worrisome features, they can be ignored. These could point to something as simple as an infection which could be treated with simple antibiotics. Plz share the USG report or connect with an ENT specialist online/In-person for further evaluation. Warm regards, Dr Aanchal A Mittal, Therapeia centre, Bangalore