Vcd and tracheostamy

I am looking for a pulmonologist or speech therapist who can change the tracheostamy tube of my father at home and give him a speech therapy with the speech box.
views-icons 23 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Vcd and tracheostamy

doctor profile image
Dr. Anamay K. Bidwai
26 yrs. of exp | Chennai | General Surgeon
Dear Friend, For changing tracheostomy tube not much of special skill is required, an experienced nurse can do it easily. It is very simple ,  even you can learn and do it yourself. About speech therapy, patients who are on tracheostomy  for long time are trained to speak by blocking the tube with their finger, it is very simple and no special voice box etc are required, I suggest you do not un necessarily spend money on these gadgets. Any therapist trained to handle patient on long term tracheostomy will be able to teach your father how to speak by blocking the tube just by a finger and then realising it to take breath again. Best wishes.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?