Vaginal infection

I had vaginal infection which use to get better after taking oral medicines but wanted to get rid of the same completely as I felt my vagina was too sensitive and use get infected even by using public toilet. Went to my regular gynae where she told that I have circum oral erosion because of which I frequently get infection so she suggested Cryotherapy but I wasn't confident to get it done so just kept the area clean by using the vaginal wash etc. now I am in better condition,doesnt have irritation or redness and discharge but still I am not sure if it is completely cured. I would like to know if I go for cryotherapy what is the side effects of it and is there any alternative to this,also would like to know how can I make sure I am completely rid of the infection I use to have.

Doctor Answers (1) on Vaginal infection

Dr. Vijyaben Patel Ahmedabad | Gynecologist
Hi,more then treatment of infection you need to bushed up your immunity and resistance power against recurrent infection. For that good personal hygiene, fresh fruits, vegetables and milk with live protein(sprouts)are required daily.If you have no signs and/or symptoms , for 1 to 2 cycles, you are considered as cured.