UTI during Pregnancy

My wife is 9 weeks pregnant and is suffering from UTI as per urine culture and sensitivity report. Our gynec has prescribed her Niftas 100mg twice a day for 10 days, now after taking this medicine for 7 days, we took a urine test and in that again there was bacteria seen. Now the doctor has prescribed her: Uriliser, Stafcure cv 250mg and Pantop 40 for next 7 days, and take the urine test again. Please let us know whether these medicines are safe during pregnancy. My wife is reluctant to take medicines during pregnancy, please suggest wat shud we do. Little Scared.

Doctor Answers (1) on UTI during Pregnancy

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern, first of all, congratulations to the couple. as far as your question is concerned regarding Urinary Tract Infection, These drugs are safe during pregnancy and you don't need to worry much. is they were not safe, don't you think the gynec herself wouldn't have prescribed.? also, i feel your wife is not drinking enough water. if she was drinking enough water, the frequent urination would have caused the bacteria to wash away. ask her to take citrus fruits and lemonade also. and lots of water. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain