Urine flow through cathet

Respected,well my grandpa cannot walk properly so We used catheter for urine through penis as per doc said but the size of the catheter was increasing day by day as my grandpa is having a prostrate problem so docs said its harmful and can be infectious so instead you can go for operation and make a hole near the bladder so the infection can be minimum.Its been 1 month after the operation and the urine is comin from both ends the artificial hole which was created and from penis also.This actually is creating a problem as the urine is collected in a bag from the hole but the urine from penis gets spread over the bed and on the clothes which poses problem for everyone as now grandpa is not as conscious.Now he is slightly unaware to when he is going to loo and all. So please suggest a solution for the problem. I will be obliged if you consider my request. Thanking you

Doctor Answers (1) on Urine flow through cathet

Dr. Amod Dwivedi Kanpur | Urologist
Possibly be have overactive bladder ( primary or neurogenic). It mean bladder contract involuntarily and suddenly due to loss of control from brain. This lead to leakage of urine. Adding antimuscarinics medicines ( medicines which relaxes bladder) will help him. Urine tract infection need to be rule out by getting urine c/S.