Up and down in bloodsugar
My mother is having gemiprex1/500 . when she takes it regularly and control diet her blood sugar gradually decreases to low to such condition that she can't move and needs to give immediate sweets to increase blood sugar. If she stop taking medicine then blood sugar increase to high levels. Can she take medicine irregularly, like 3 tablets a week?

Dr. J. V. Srujan
General Physician 6 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Best option here would be to decrease the dose of the medicine. I would omit glimipiride and continue her on plain metformin and titrate the dose according to the blood sugar levels.
Dr. Tarun Sehgal
General Physician 14 yrs exp Jalandhar
No you should change the medicine also get her FBS ,RBS and KFT done