Unwanted pregnancy

My partner is 23 and 8 days late. Yesterday we experienced Implantation Bleeding and she might have convinced. What is the abortion procedure? How much will it cost? And how long will the process take?

Doctor Answers (1) on Unwanted pregnancy

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. First and foremost you have to confirm the pregnancy. Then worry about aborting it. Implantation bleeding occurs usually before the actual menstrual bleeding. So ask her to take a home urine pregnancy test first. The kits will be available at any medical store. If it is confirmed, then she will have to get a scan done by an obstetrician to see the age of the foetus. For abortion there are medications as well as procedures like dilatation and curretage done. Do not attempt any abortion methods at home. Because if there's any remnant of the foetus, it can become a focus of infection and be fatal to the mother. So kindly consult a obstetrician for further evaluation.