Unwanted hair growth

I have unwanted hairs on my body due to pcod.. Is there any solution for this rather than waxing ???

Dr. Rujul Jhaveri Gujarathi
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi, yes it is possible to decrease them. You need to take Third or Fourth generation pills. It's better to start on Tablet Krimson or Diane 35 from Day two of period for 3 to 6 cycles. And along with it you can use waxing. PCOD needs multi discipline approach which includes diet, exercise and pills. Avoid junk food. Start gym. Weight should be Ht-105. All the Best!
Harisha N L

Your doctor may recommend birth control pills to decrease androgen production, or another medication called spironolactone that blocks the effects of androgens on the skin. Because spironolactone can cause birth defects, effective contraception is required when using the drug, and it's not recommended if you're pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Eflornithine is another medication possibility; the cream slows facial hair growth in women...Consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful.