diabetes-icon

Unwanted hair growth

Doctor said that I have mild pcod,he said that no problem with that,I have no thyroid, I have hirsutism problem, that's why hair is growing in my body.he gave medicines for hirsutism, and also given to pcod,shall I continue medicine for pcod or not,is it necessary to use medicine for mild pcod,at present I am using medicine for hirsutism and pcod?please clarify my doubts. And please tell me how to control hirsutism. Is anything problem with pcod in future..

Doctor Answers (1) on Unwanted hair growth

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, PCOS(POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME OR DISEASE, PCOD) is a problem in which a woman's hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS also may cause unwanted changes in the way you look. If it isn't treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. The most common symptoms are: Acne.Weight gain and trouble losing weight.Extra hair on the face and body.Thinning hair or even hair loss on scalp.Irregular periods. Often women with PCOS have fewer than nine periods a year. Some women have no periods. Others have very heavy bleeding.Fertility problems. Many women who have PCOS have trouble getting pregnant(infertility), depression. Regular exercise, healthy foods, and weight control are the key treatments for PCOS. Treatment (hormonal) can reduce unpleasant symptoms and help prevent long-term health problems. Try to fit in moderate activity and/or vigorous activity often. Brisk Walking, jogging, dance or aerobics are great exercise that most people can do.Eat heart-healthy foods. This includes lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans, and whole grains. It limits foods that are high insaturated fat, such as meats, cheeses, and fried foods.Most women who have PCOS can benefit from losing weight. Even losing 5kg may help get your hormones in balance, regulate your menstrual cycle and can make you ovulate.