Unplanned pregnancy
Hi Doc , i have taken home pregnancy test and it has a positive result. Can I take this result as 100% correct ? . I was not prepared for this pregnancy so i need some guidance on how to handle this like if i want an abortion is it ok ?and within how many days i can go in for an abortion ? or should i do some prior check ups to know my fertility health level ? and how this will affect my health physically and mentally? Please guide me .

Dr. Veena Vidyasagar
Gynecologist 35 yrs exp Bangalore

Dear Practo user, If home pregnancy test has come positive , it is almost 100% correct. If it is first pregnancy, it is not advisable to get an abortion done. One cannot give 100% guarantee that the procedure will be successful. At times, there may be complications. However, if you still want to go ahead with abortion, consult Gynecologist.

How to handle an unplanned pregnancy