Unknown problem

Yesterday all of all sudden i started feeling pain in my back ..it was like a muscle pain..den I also found few rashes there..Today i went to a doctor n looking at rashes and symptoms he said its Herpes n cureable in 10 to 12 days..he said its a sort of chicken pox virus.. But i searched on internet about it..n description that internet is providing is scary and i would say it cant b possible in my case..as m living alone after my divorce and its been 5 years

Doctor Answers (1) on Unknown problem

Greetings. So now i understand what your problem is - you have Herpes zoster - this is what your doctor seems to have diagnosed it to be. And what you have read on the internet is Genital herpes or Herpes genitalis. The two disorders can look similar if herpes zoster affects the lower back and extends to the genitals. Hope I have answered your doubt. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards