diabetes-icon
Uncontrolable IDDM
I m IDDM patient for past 15 yrs. Recently i diabetes has become difficult to manage. I was on humalog plain 3 times & Tresiba at night, but my sugar was always howering over 300. My doc prescribed ryzodeg but still not good control. Strange pattern of sugar levels noticed. If i measure fasting at 6 am it is around 90 but if i measure at 9 am the sugar is around 180

Dr. Nikhil Prabhu
Diabetologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

I think your sugars can be well control on basal bolus regimen. ( 3 premeals +1 basal insulin=4 injections /day) For good control you should do glucometer chatting (check my healthfeed article for SMBG chart). This 9.00 am hyperglycemia could be due to somogy effect. To confirm this you need to check night time 3.AM glucometer checkups.