chest-icon

Tuberculosis

I recovered from Tuberculosis and i smoke around 2 ciggrates per week, is it harmful for me, in sence that will it reactivate my tuberculosis or just harm my lungs?

Doctor Answers (2) on Tuberculosis

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. Yes it could. Smoking less isn't an answer, quitting smoking is that answer. Your lungs are already weak due to the fact that you have faced tuberculosis. Smoking will make it weaker. As my colleague already said, the benefits of quitting smoking are extraordinary. Regards
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
It can cause both as already your lungs are weakened to some extent...Stop smoking. The benefits of quitting smoking are extraordinary. Once you're tobacco-free, your risks of heart disease, lung disease and cancer begin to drop — even if you've been smoking for years...consider my advice seriously and fallow it...and please be in a regular fallow up with your doctors they will do the needful.