Tuberculosis
Dear Doctor, I am in need of expert opinion on an issue which i feel is very complicated. Around June-2015 my wife started coughing and we visited series of doctors and she was finally diagnosed with Myobacterium with resistance to rifampacin. The doctor advised MDR line of drugs. But her long term family doctor was against the diagnosis and started with normal antibiotics but that dint work out and he started to give same MDR drugs as prescribed by pulmonologist. Month after month he reduced the dosage and by June-2016 he asked her to stop the medication. Soon after that my wife again started to cough and he said that it is bronchitis. Her recent X-ray report indicates 1. Fibrotic and inhomogenous opacities in right lung fields. 2. few cysts also noted in right upper zone 3. few recticular opacities noted in lung fields. 4. right costophrenic angle recess blunt. What is her actual condition? and how to proceed further?

See if it is MDR TB then treatment should be for 18 to 24 months under TB specialist care.. .family physician should understand his in capabilities and should not interfere in the regimen prescribed by expert....please meet chest and TB specialist for review