TSH 5.31 (non pregnant)

Hi, I am trying to get conceive .hence doing all the tests. When I did thyroid test my test result is Free T3 - 1.83 and Free T4 - 13.17 and TSH - 3.84. By seeing the result doctor asked me to take 12.5 mg thyronom. But due to less knowledge i had on thyroid I didnt take properly .hence after a month doctor asked me to take TSH test and result was 5.31.so my dose is increased.now am taking 25mg.since 1 month am taking medicines properly on empty stomach.will my tsh comes down and will I be able to conceive once it has come normal. But I see ref range for tsh is 0.34 - 5.6 (non pregnant). Wont I come in that category.I am worried whether I have thyroid problem.pls help me understand.thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on TSH 5.31 (non pregnant)

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar Mumbai | Diabetologist
That range is for patients not planning pregnancy. If you are planning pregnancy, it is better to keep the tsh level at a lower limit of the normal range. Hence your doctor has started you on treatment.