Triamcinolone for cystoid macular edema
After Cataract surgery, i am diagnosis-ed with Cystoid Macular Edema. Thickness of the cystoid macular edema has come down from 400microns to 350 after using Micronac drops for 15 days. Recently, as per a Retina specialist's prescription/treatment, i have been using Predforte drops 4 times a day. After two days of using Predforte, my sight is better. But the Retina specilaist told me to use it for 15 days. 1. Is it fine to use Predforte for 15 days? 2. What are the long-term/short term side-effects? 3. Surgeon also wants me to get triamcinolone injection for one-time. Is it ok to have this injeciton or no? 4.Would it be fine to go triamcinolone injection as well as Predforte drops for 15 days? Please give me some suggestion. I need your help.

Hello A. Yes it is absolutely fine to use predforte for 15 days B. Side effects of steroid is increased Intraocular pressure...We may happen if steroid is used for long period or if patient is steroid responder C. Yes, triamcinolone is prescribed if edema does not resolve with eyedrop D. You may use both injection and eyedrop

Side effect of triamcinolone acetonide Triamcinolone acetonide on face Symptoms of diabetic macular edema