Tretinion what is it?

Hie I am 23 year old female, was suffering from scene before but now have acne marks, pigmentation My doctor prescribed me tretin 0.025 and aziterm 10% Is this good Also is tretinion a steroid?? Are there any side effects

Doctor Answers (1) on Tretinion what is it?

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
No, topical tretinoin is not a steroid. Side effects like dryness, redness, itching and burning can occur (not always occur) and usually do so if used outside the advice of the dermatologist.  And  since you are using the cream as recommended by the dermatologist you needn't worry since you can always go back and speak with your dermatologist IF AT ALL the side effects occur. Excessive application of cream or massaging if not done, also reduce the chances of side effects.
Kindly have a word with your treating dermatologist too.
Do not reach to conclusions based on the internet info. Ask YOUR dermatologist if you have a doubt. Do read this article please :http://www.skinmatra.com/single-post/2016/09/17/Listen-to-your-skin-talk-Here-is-how