Traumatic optic atrophy

Dear Doctor approximately 14 months ago my father of 48 years has meet with an road accident when he was riding on his motorcycle on 11th april 2015 saturday evening suddenly a bicycler came in between his path and my father suddenly applied brake of motorcycle and at that moment an unknown vehicle which was behind my father motorbike hitted my father and my father fell down from his motor bike and got several brain injury inspite of wearing helmet and he was gone through abdomen surgery and was on ventilator for 8-10 days and fully unconscious and he has became semi conscious after 15 days of treatment he was not able to see properly and opthalmologists are telling that his optic nerve have been dried but now he can detect light and shadow from his left eye and hand movements are also visible but he can not detect colour or count fingers. Moreover, i have read on internet that stem cells therapy can cure traumatic optic neuropathy so doctor please guide me best treatment.

Doctor Answers (1) on Traumatic optic atrophy

Balasubramaniam Coimbatore | Neurologist
B12 injection and neuro rejuvenation is better than stem cells