chest-icon

Too much Coughing

He gets a lot of coughing especially during nights. He has a problem eosinophils but thats genetic and comes less frequently so i suspect this coughing is not that. He had 1-2 weeks of dry cough and now wet one. But as I see lungs take huge pressure while coughing. It is not lighter one. He said he would soon see a doctor. Can you suggests it can be a physician or pulmonologist for this type.

Dr. Amruth Sindhu
Pulmonologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. I understand your concerns. He might be having asthma exacerbation due to infection. He will need to undergo a detailed examination and investigations like chest x ray to look for infection. if it's normal then you will need to undergo pulmonary function test which is needed for diagnosis and also to assess severity of asthma based on which treatment can be started. if you are from bangalore you can consult me at my clinic at hebbal kempapura. Hope your questions were answered. Thanks.
Dr. Pankaj K Bang
Pulmonologist 8 yrs exp Delhi

You will need to get all the previous reports and present reports along with xray and pft. A pulmonary physician will be apt for this. You can contact me too on my contact on practo