Toilet & Bathroom phobia

My mother-in-law doesn't use toilet seat for urinating instead she urinates on the bathroom floor only. Neither she uses bathroom washbasin to wash her hands. Instead she used kitchen sink to wash her hands and face. I have never seen her going to the toilet in front of anyone. She has a very high sugar level of 200(fasting) and 350(after eating). She controls her urine for hours and hours but doesn't use toilet. If she ever goes to the toilet.. Then she takes a bath also after entering the toilet. She takes bath. for 2-3 hrs and doesn't come out of the bathroom in the morning. She keeps on washing all the doors, walls and even wooden beds and sofa sets with water pipe. She is not ready to visit any doctor.. Kindly suggest what shall we do in order to start her treatment.

Doctor Answers (2) on Toilet & Bathroom phobia

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hello loving daughter _in_law, yes she suffers from OCD. If she is not willing to come to a Dr 5rake her o a psychologist or counsellor, she will listen to ur MIL and counsel . her. It will take some sessions . She can come out of this slowly with an expert help and guidance.
Dr. Amit Jagtiani Agra | Psychiatrist
She has obsessive compulsive disorder. She needs to visit a psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist for treatment. It is a treatable condition. Talk to her and convince her to seek treatment