Toe nail bruised

Hi Doctor, I hurt my toe 3 weeks ago since then my nail is black and pain was there in the beginning but now very slight pain. But the color is not changed .. Its bruised very badly. I'm confused because I read online that is the nail is bruised the nail will fall off. Pls help me. I have attached a picture for reference.. Pls ignore the slight yellow color on the toe that's my nail polish.

Doctor Answers (2) on Toe nail bruised

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Yes, the nail surely does fall off but in severe cases. Not necessary that it falls of in each and every case. In your case the nail may not fall it will heal properly on its own and the color change will be gradual and slow. Do not try to do any of the self treatment that might be suggested on the "INTERNET" and damage it further. Just let it grown and take its own time. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Dear, Don't worry, it is not necessary that your nail will fall off. The color however will take a lot of time to go away. It will gradually fade as the nail grows back. Don't try to fidget with the nail or don't try to cut it deep. Let it grow on its own and you will be fine.