Tingling/pinning in muscl

Hi, Before telling my problem... I would like to bring few points to your notice 1) I have recently(1 week back) undergone a hair transplant surgery. 2) I have hypothyroidism(TSH-6.021) 3) I used to workout daily for 2 hours and have left this due to my hair transplant. After my surgery I have been feeling tingling/pinning kind of pain in different body parts like legs, hands, toes, chest etc... Also would like to tell you that Some local anesthesia was injected in my head during the hair transplant operation and also I have been anxious and stressed because of something due to some reason after my operation.... I consulted a psychiatrist and he gave me medicines to calm me down but the tingling pain and burning sensation in the muscle has still not gon... Kindly please advise me that what should I do and also please let me know that can it be because of local anesthesia or anxiety

Doctor Answers (2) on Tingling/pinning in muscl

Dear Sue Local anesthesia of head does not cause tingling in legs
Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there. Tingling sensation and numbness could be caused by hypothyroidism, vitamin b deficiency, anxiety, diabetic neuropathy, nerve compression in spine, peripheral vascular diseases. In your case it's because of anxiety added by hypothyroidism. Effect of Local anesthesia given during surgery lasts not more than few hours so it's not the reason for your symptoms. Along with anti anxiety medications start on vitamin b complex tablets, that wil help you.