Tight lump on left thigh
Hi My daughter is 18 months and got her 18th month vaccination done on 20th June. I can see a tight lump (2 cms diameter) on her left thigh. I was asked to put some ice there but she refuses for that. Is it a matter of concern.

Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
Pediatrician 11 yrs exp North Goa

Hi. I presume injection was given on Left thigh. Its normal for some babies to have swelling post injection. Care must be taken that injection site is pressed for at least 2 min post injection. Presently you may give baby painkiller medicine like paracetamol 3times. Watch for fever.
Dr. Nishant Mahajan
Pediatrician 8 yrs exp Faridabad
Nothing to be worried for... it's ok to get a lump post vaccination