Thyroid problems

My friend has thyroid problem.. Her tsh is nearly 10 ... One doctor (rmp) suggests 100mg... Is it correct...?

Hello there. I can understand your concern. These cases are to be handeled by a general physician and not a registered medical practitioner. Also you have not mentioned what he has suggested 100mg. Because the thyroid hormone supplementation comes in a strengths of micrograms i.e., mcg and not mg. She can take thyronorm or eltroxin 100mcg once a day daily on an empty stomach. Food is to be taken after half an hour of the tablet. Kindly consult a general physician hence forth. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Thyroid pill will only mask the TSH without healing the root cause of the problem. If you want to address the root cause, Please  read my blog on thyroid pill and PCOS. Hope that helps.