Thyroid problem
Last week I took a TFT & report suggests me to consult a doctor. T3 & T4 is under limits but TSH is slightly higher. Please advice who will be the best to consult the problem. Thank you

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

normal free t3 t4 with slightly raised tsh can occur in variety of conditions such as physiological stress, nutritional deficiency , autoimmune thyroid diseases etc. this condition is known as subclinical hypothyroidism. it means that your thyroid gland is suboptimally functioning but still managing to do its job so that you won't become symptomatic very slight elevation of tsh usually does not require any treatment as it may be due to some physiological stress you suffered recently such as fever, surgery etc. treatment may be necessary if your tsh values serially increase after repeated tests after 3 to 6 months in any case you consult nearby ENT specialist or endocrinologist
Dr. Sankarshana V T
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 21 yrs exp Bangalore

if your T3 and T4 levels are normal and TSH is high then I would suggest that u repeat the test after 3 months again and see the report as getting on to medical management  would not be advisable only on TSH report.get a free T3 and Free T4 test done pls
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore
As a Head & Neck Surgeon, I am not only specialising in the medical but also the surgical management of thyroid. With raised TSH, I only know that your thyroid is functioning sub-optimally...the why and how have not been answered. Generally thyroid diseases are categorised into Immune Diseases, Inflammations, benign Tumours and Malignancies. It is important to diagnose your condition and therefore your p prognosis. Drop into my clinic Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar for a detailed evaluation.