Thyroid issue

I have thyroid since 10yr taking eltroxin 100mcg , every 3month i undergo thyroid test on 5th FEB 2016 my TSH was 5.06 on May 10th 2016, my TSH - was 0.917 so i thought since the range is normal , i stoped taking medicine for till 28th May 2016, again got checked on 28th May i report says my TSH is 90.52 now im worried even my cholesterol is 215, kindly guide me what to do ? from 28th May im again started taking 100mcg eltroxin

Doctor Answers (2) on Thyroid issue

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. i can understand your concern, thyroid disorders, hypertension, diabetes mellitus are a few conditions in which the medications need to be taken for life and it cannot be stopped like how you did. the reports came normal because of the tablets which you were taking. you need to keep continuing that medicines and not to stop. kindly consult a endocrinologist for dose adjustment. best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain
Dr. Sanjay Erande Pune | General Physician
You can't suddenly stop any hormonal tablets. If you want to taper it then you have to start ayurvedic treatment with it. Because eltroxin like tablet only normals the thyroid level in blood only. But the problem of digestion still persists .So in Hypothyroidism Vat -Kaph abnormalities first Vaman (emesis)panchakarma is best treatment. Management -(Ampachan - digestion improvement, Removal of obstruction and rejuvenation treatment ) For this ayurvedic medicines will be given