Thumb Fractured

By playing cricket i got fractured my thumb 1 and half month back from nowonwards. Now i seen x-ray report, bone of thumb was fixed in wrong place and m unable to move it now. Can you please suggest it it wiil be ok.

Doctor Answers (1) on Thumb Fractured

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... I understand your problem... Next time when you ask a query like this please kindly attach recent x-ray which will be helpful in ascertaining proper diagnosis.... Any bone in the body, if fractured improper alignment or improrer management can form malunion I.e union of bone in abnormal position... Which might affect daily routine activities and will result in abnormal external appearance of that part... Osteotomy of the affected region can offer some solution to your problem... If there is any adhesions / scarring then soft tissue procedure is done along with it... So kindly consult a orthopedic surgeon for further management...