cardiologist-icon

Thrombocytopenia

My mother is suffering from thrombocytopenia (ITP). Her platelet count is under 20000,she is taking the tablets but not improved the plate count,please tell me the perminant  solution for that...

Doctor Answers (1) on Thrombocytopenia

Harisha N L
3 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
The goal of treating ITP is to ensure a safe platelet count and prevent bleeding complications while minimizing treatment side effects. Adults with mild cases of ITP may require nothing more than regular monitoring and platelet checks. But if your symptoms are troublesome and your platelet count remains low, you and your doctor may opt for treatment. Treatment usually consists of medications and sometimes surgery (splenectomy). Your doctor may also have you discontinue certain drugs that can further inhibit platelet function, such as aspirin, ibuprofen and the blood-thinning medication warfarin ...be in a regular fallow up with your doctors they will do the needful