Throat problem

About two and half months ago I passed through brain tumor surgery. During treatment I was on ventilator for 20 days. Doctors said that after one and half month I am able to eat or drink orally. I tried after 2 months to drink soup but still I am not able to swallow food and liquid. Whenever I tried, cough become starts. I also have cough problem since 2 months. I tried all the syrups and medications but cough not stops. I also have hoarseness in my voice and I couldn't open my mouth fully. I think that there is some problem in my throat. Major problem is difficulty in swallowing. Please help me to sort out this problem and tell me what should I do.

Doctor Answers (3) on Throat problem

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
Please use this app to find and meet a good ENT Specialist in your own locality to examine you, do a Stroboscopic Video laryngoscopy to reach a diagnosis & do the needful. If you are able to make it to Bengaluru, I would be very happy to help you out myself. My clinic Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar is easily navigable on Google Maps.
Dr. Sandhya Patil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
You need to get done a flexible laryngoscopy done to asses the status of your voice box I mean the vocal cords, if they don't move well of if there has been some weakness you are likely to have cough while swallowing and chains in voice. Since you had been on ventilator for some time you need to get the vocal cords checked by scopy.based on the report one can tell what further to do. Don't over use cough syrups it is unlikely due to chest infection.if there has been weakness in vocal cords they don't approximate well in midline which causes liquids when you swallow to enter the windpipe leading to constant cough.
Dr. Pinaki Mazumder Kolkata | Otologist/ Neurotologist
It seems either you have neurological problems affecting the larynx or intubation granuloma of the larynx. You should undergo a FOL examination for proper assessment and further management. For neurological problems voice/ swallowing therapy by an experienced speech pathologist will be helpful.