Throat n.neck pain
I got gone through x-ray the report came with evidence of bilateral cervical ribs can u plz tel me wat does it mean n is the any complications n wat is d treatment for it thank u

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
Otologist/ Neurotologist 21 yrs exp Bangalore

It simply means that you have an extra pair of ribs low down in your neck. If you are symptomatic, do not worry, it is just another thing that is unique to you. However, if you are experiencing weakness or numbness in you upper limbs or have unexplained shooting pain near your elbow or arm or forearm then you need to meet a good Spine Surgeon(use this app to locate one with good patient feedbacks) to operate upon you to remove that portion of this rib which is compressing upon this particular bundle of nerves causing the problem.