Thick blood
My nephew has a condition in which his blood clots quite fast and was diagnosed with thick blood. He got his three toes amputated coz of this. Even a small normal wound turns into a big problem for him. What exactly is this disease? Can it be cured? What are the precautions to be taken for same?

Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
Pediatrician 12 yrs exp North Goa

I think there is some element of polycythemia, does he have some heart condition too diagnosed? Polycythemia can cause sluggishness in blood flow and cause gangrene too which must have predisposed to amputation of toes
Dr. Nishant Mahajan
Pediatrician 9 yrs exp Faridabad
Hello Looks like some coagulation disease.. go for blood investigations like cbc, pt ,aptt ,inr, bt, ct ... review with your pediatrician with reports.. avoid trauma..

Thick menstrual blood clots