Tendonitis in right wrist

I've been diagnosed with tendonitis for right hand thumb in the initial examination. Doctor suggested that is might have caused because of poor mouse and keyboard usage. I've also recently started to play Piano. I ride a bike too. I just wanted to know whether this problem is a long term issue?

Doctor Answers (1) on Tendonitis in right wrist

Dr. Arunabha Das Darjeeling | General Physician
Avoid stressful exercises like lifting heavy weight materials or riding bike for 6weeks. Take Tab Tendocare 1tab once daily for 1month. Tab Zerodol-P 1tab twice daily after food for 5days. Tab Pan-D 1tab twice daily before food for 5 days. Tendonitis is an inflammation along end points of any tendon overlying bursa and bony prominence. So doNot worry,it will heal soon and if you donot want recurrence,than be careful about stressful exercises. Avoid any gym workout of wrist joint or forearm untill 2-3weeks.