Taught Foreskin

Hi, I just started having sex with my wife and experienced bleeding from a cut made in foreskin while penetrating. My foreskin seems taught and does not pull back entirely when I thrust. Are there any treatments for loosening it, any ointments that I should use or oral medication perhaps ? Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Taught Foreskin

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..,looks like you have developed Phimosis... Phimosis is the inability to fully retract the foreskin (or prepuce) over the glans penis due to a narrow opening. Acquired phimosis is a consequence of poor hygiene, forceful retraction of the tight foreskin over the glans penis and recurrent infections.  Application of weak topical corticosteroid creams to the tip of the penis proves to be effective in several cases. Surgery is performed in cases where conservative treatment fails. Circumcision (surgical removal of foreskin) is the only permanent cure.