Tar stains

There is tar stains on my teeth and at regular intervals I get it cleaned from a clinic. Recently I came to know that the tendancy to get stained is more if we clean frequently. Is this true? Or a myth? What is the best way to remove tar stains?
views-icons 53 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Hiren Patel
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 5 yrs exp Bangalore

it is not true.. stains are results of your food habits.. coffee,tea,colas,wines,and certain fruits and vegetables can stain your teeth..tobacco use, smoking or chewing tobacco can stain teeth..so you should change your diet intake to avoid staining... and do proper brushing. it also helps to prevent stain deposit on teeth...
Dr. Binu Mathews
Dentist 23 yrs exp Bangalore
Cleaning never cause more stains . Thats a myth. Your Dietary  and consuming habits cause stains and too hard discoloration. Control you eating habits and control stains. Tc
Dr. Chaitra V.
Dental Surgeon 10 yrs exp Bangalore
it is a myth. stains could b because of many reason. ur eating n drinking habits. that is if u eat r drink anything which has artificial colors. it could also b because of mouth breathing habit