Tanning-face,hands,feet

Face, hands and feet become very dry even if i go to the sun for only 2 minutes. I d'ont like the feeling of any cream/moisturiser on my skin hence i avoid wearing it. Even though my face is dry-ish in the morning, it becomes too oily and turns dark in the evening( around 4pm) . I dont apply makeup at all. The problem with my feet is that, even though i dont walk or play much, it becomes very dusty and looks like i have been in ground for a long time. Maintaining my hands are relatively easier but are dry.

Doctor Answers (1) on Tanning-face,hands,feet

Hi. Greetings. Sun tanning can occur even with short exposures and this is a protective mechanism of skin which is called immediate pigment darkening. Don't worry, use a sunscreen of high SPF at least around 30 - and reapply every three or four hours if exposed to sunlight for long duration. The following precautions would help you : 1. sunscreen should be applied half hour before sun exposure 2. Daily bed time use of moisturiser like cetaphil or emoderm in case of dry skin. Reapply during lunch break during office hours. 3. Use Peeling agents prescribed by dermatologist for reducing tan. Chemical peels and micro derm abrasion is also an option. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist as to rule out any other causes of skin pigmentation. Now a days there are many creams that are not greasy and you can apply them without feeling anything. Use a soap like dove or soft. 5. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.