Takayasu artritis
I am suffering from takayasu artritis since September 2015.when diagnosed disease my sub clavion artery reptured.then stanting this artery. Now I take methylprednisolone and methotrexate.

Dr. Tanoy Bose
Internal Medicine 13 yrs exp Kolkata

That's OK. You have to try to keep your steroid dosage at the minimum. Long term steroid usage may cause lots of side effects. The dose should be around 5-6mg of prednisolone equivalent and methotrexate should be escalated to 30mg/ week as per your disease activity. Ensure that your ESR is less than 10 and CRP is less than 1 mg/ L.